Monday, December 1, 2008

Guns

Someone asked me what Libertarian views I had. I will tell you. Guns. Me and the Libertarians feel the same way about guns. Here is their view and I agree with it.
I reason that reasonable people act reasonably. Criminals act criminally. Crazy people act crazy. Guns don’t kill people; people kill people...with guns. But outlawing citizens from owning and carrying guns is not the answer. I wrote a blog about it awhile ago. You can read it here.
You shouldn’t be scared of guns. A well regulated militia, as stated in the Constitution, means it may be wise to encourage the citizens of our country to train themselves and learn how to properly and safely handle and use a fire arm. A government sponsored program to certify you in firearm safety and operation, conducted bi-annually, is something I would support.
Are there certain guns that only the military should be privy to? Yes.
Are there certain people who should not be allowed to own guns? Yes.
Let me know if I can be more specific.

1 comment:

Mardi and Jeremey said...

You have Jeremey and my support on this one. Without guns, there would be no way for me to beat Jeremey in target practice.